Thursday 8 August 2013

Train of thoughts..

Everyone is going to great lengths to examine everyone else without raising the slightest suspicion. Eye-contact is almost sinful, and blood surges to your face if your canvassing of the carriage is detected. A man sporting a black baseball hat sits opposite me and is completely occupied reading the paper which I’d picked up and left behind earlier. A beautiful young woman with an aura of unshakable confidence and determination to appear in control sits next to me. Her movement is minimal and I am a little self-conscious as to what she thinks of me if she spotted me inspecting fellow commuters: A pervert, a stoner, or a guy with a book and an inquisitive eye.. I could be any.

I want to be home eating and celebrating my 25th birthday. This inauspicious occasion should be a turning point in my life. Whether it is or isn’t is something only I can decide. I’ve stopped smoking nearly 2 months ago. I want to make the next bulk of my life a more positive one. Less wallowing, more writing.

The train has reached its destination..

No comments: