Tuesday 22 February 2011

The Abyss

As I climb out of a deep abyss, I smell an air of light and opportunity. Emerging from the dark and endless pit, the overpowering width of my life is, for the first time, truly tangible. What pushed me that far into the black hollowness that heaves with deadly silence? What was it that cut off all ropes of hope? This road to Zion was an unexpected journey I hoped I would never have to set on.
Though the overflowing sense of freedom fills me with euphoria, the sheer suddenness of its impact jolts a nerve somewhere inside me and I find myself in cautious excitement when this realisation dawns on me.
I shall no longer heed bad advice or discouragement from any weakness I come across. The blinding veil has been lifted and my sight has never been so penetrating.
I have swam a thousand miles to get here, buoyed by a hidden, soul-powered will to carry on; a spirit to keep going no matter how drained my body was.
I do not mean to sound esoteric and have certainly not had a life-changing epiphany. I am simply wearing someone else's eyes for a brief moment whilst writing this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You build us up........ only to bring us crashing back down!

nevertheless an enjoyable read..

I do wish you would write more light hearted entries though.. they were fun.. then you can throw in an occasional mood killer every know and again ;)

Hope your well..
yours,
Anon